Established in 1898, the parish originally comprised the old barrios of Lucban called Dingin, with its three sitios. The barangay of Piis, Balugbog-Baboy and Caldong also came from Lucban. Extant records list Fr. Antonio Gascon as coadjutor in 1898. The town's name was changed from Sampaloc to Alfonso Trece in honor of the Spanish King, Alfonso XIII. In 1901, when Teofilo Daya was the presidente local, three barrios of Mauban, namely, Banot, Bilukaw and San Bueno, were added to Alfonso Trece, which was named Sampaloc again that year. In 1904, a church was built, but it was destroyed by a typhoon devastated the town, including the church, The priest who served as curate of Sampaloc were Fr. Sergio Cuvin, who began the construction of a new church, Fr. Gregorio Salvatus, Fr. Manuel Lim, Fr. Beato Recelis, Fr. Armando Perez, who built the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Fr. Justo Pereira, Fr. Benito Garcia, who elevated the roof with steel trusses and long-span, pre-painted galvanized sheets and roofed the open space between the church and the convent for various purposes, Fr. Alberto Aller, who built a new convent adjacent to the old one, and Fr. Alvin Cabungcal.