Canonically erected on October 28, 1956, the parish is dedicated to St. Jude Thaddeus. The lay leader who contributed to its development included Socorro Ramos, Cirila Ramos, Hermilando Alcala and Pacita Dinglasan. During the Spanish colonial period, the fortification in Cotta defended the area from the Moros. In 1911 Sinforoso Loyola donated a half hectare of land where a chapel was built. Priest from Lucena visited the place to say mass. In 1954 Bishop Obviar assigned Fr. Catalino Ellosoas administrator to prepare the barrion to be established as a parish. In the term of Fr.Gregorio Nañola which began in 1956. Catholic Action was organized. Other priest who served as curate were Fr. Jose Absulio, Fr. Daniel Palilio, Fr. Conrado Montero. Fr. Carlos Isles. Fr. Juanito Claudio, who introduced the Cursillo and lingcod ng Panginoon. Fr.Ruben Profugo, who began the Marriage Enrichment Program. Fr. Alfredo LaO, who started the construction of the big church, Fr. Philip Pasupil, Fr. Ramon TiamaFr. Virgilio Salvador during whose term the church was completed. Fr. Antonio Obeña, Fr. Aurelio Reyes, Fr. Alberto Aller, Fr. Gerardo Paderon, Fr. Edwn Baruelo and Fr. Ruel Abuel. The Basic Ecclesiastical communities were organized in 1985-1989. The casa del Ñino de Cotta was founded by Fr. Pasupil with the assistance of Sr. Maria Gaza, MCST and ederlina Egos. Fr. Carlos Pedro Herrera furthered the work of evangelization. Fr.Alberto Aller built a pastoral center and redesigned the church rectory. He promoted the Bibliarasal and Kristiyanong Kapitbahayan, organized the parish Training Team and began the Buhay angkan Program under the Auspices of the Family Life Apostolate.