Padre Burgos formerly called Laguimanoc, used to be a visita of Atimonan. The priest of Atimonan must hav to continue to administer Padre Burgoseven when it had been established as a parish in 1874. Because of the registry book of the Franciscans does not mention the name of its first parish priest. The church bell has the inscription “ Campana limonosa para la Yglesia de Laguimanoc.”The first curate listed in the extant parish record is Fr. Victorino Lagman, who baptized 275 children in 1931. Padre Burgos was established civilly as a town on January 1, 1917. In 1926 a powerful typhoon devastated the church and municipal building. This prompted the townspeople to transfer to the pueblo to its present site. It was renamed Padre Burgos in 1928. Among the priest who served as curate of Padre Burgos were Fr. Sergio Cuvin, Fr. Severino Salvania, Fr. Regulo Imperial, Fr. Noe Loredo, Fr. Jeorge Vargas. Fr. Edilberto Jarapa, Fr. Angelo Benjamin Durana and Fr. Romel Limbo.