Formally established in 1956, this parish comprising coastal barrios was carved from the parish of St. Francis of Asisi in Sariaya. Most of the lay leaders who helped in preparing a new parish came from barrio Lutucan. The presence of swimming resorts and eateries explains the influx of visitor and migrants who add to the regular parishioners, most of whom depend on fishing for their livelihood. Among the priest who server the parish as curate were Fr. Romulo Obviar, Fr. Ricardo Palmaria, Msgr. Luis Balquiedra, Msgr. Alfredo Lao, Fr. Raul Enriquez, and Fr. Gilbert Talabong.